May 31, 2015

changeType(), Hack Your Way Out

Review #90 – Free Video Game

changeType(), Hack Your Way Out

It's hard to find a game with an idea you haven't seen before. Maybe it's been done, but I have yet to see something like changeType() again.

The game is a puzzle platformer built around a single mechanic: you can mix the properties of the objects on the screen. This works as follows: you take object A (the blocks that make up the floor) and an object B (like a row of spikes). Then every instance of those objects exchange their properties. So now, the floor kills you but the spikes don't.

Besides that, the game is a straight forward platformer, and that's good. The changing mechanic is so broad, and you have so many elements to combine, that it would be daunting if your character did more.

And the graphic design is the thing that ties everything together, mixing regular video game graphics with flashes and glitches when you use your powers. So, it looks nice, and it play awesome.

- The Storeman


Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment