Dec 13, 2015

Gemdance, Dance, Dance, Dance!!!


Review #95 – Free Video Game

Gemdance, Dance, Dance, Dance!!!

Gemdance is intelligent, simple and elegant. It really is what free games should aspire to be, at least mechanically speaking. Last week I talked about a game with a beautiful message and execution. Today, it's simple mechanics well implemented. So, let's begin.

In Gemdance you play as Galactea, a prisoner of Serpentarius, the king of the Zodiac. Tired of being just a clockwork dancer in his treasure trove, you escape, and learn that the Zodiac's power resides inside magical gems.

Gemdance is basically Arkanoid. You play as a paddle, and make Galatea bounce around the stage, breaking gems to get their power (points). But the beauty of the game comes from how much it does with such a simple premise.

Each of the twelve Zodiacs has it's own “tower”, a series of challenges tied together by specific rules, obstacles and themes. The towers share the “personalities” of the Zodiacs, and end in a creative (and difficult) boss battle with each of them.

I just can't praise enough how Gemdance uses it's simple rules and creative level names to create a wonderful and unique world, so you'll just have to play it.


- The Storeman


Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment