May 18, 2014

Alien Cortex, Deep Space Platformer



Review #42 – Free Video Game

Alien Cortex, Deep Space Platformer

Today’s game is a simple platformer. Why do I bring it up? Because it works. It’s short, yes, but it’s fun and it shows how much you can get out of an idea.

Alien Cortex puts us in the role of an alien stumbling upon ancient ruins. Much to his surprise, it turns out the engravings on the walls are from his own people.
In order to escape, we will have to guide him through a series of tests.
Each corridor is themed and after solving the puzzles and defeating the traps, our little hero’s journey will end.

Even though everyone should play this game, I think aspiring game designers are the ones that stand to get the most out of it. Both the little details, from the ancient language on the background to the names of the test, and the inventiveness of the obstacles are what made Alien Cortex stand out from the rest of the games I’ve been playing lately. So give it a try!

- The Storeman


Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.


It’s both available for download and to play online as a browser game!

No comments:

Post a Comment