Apr 5, 2015

Meowgical Tower, A Game About Ducks!

Review #83 – Free Video Game

Meowgical Tower, A Game About Ducks!

That's a joke. I repeat, there are no ducks in this game. So, what is actually part of the game? A cat, of course!

You play as Catte, whom I assume is an adventurer. It's never made clear. But that doesn't matter. Hiding from the rain, Catte stumbles upon a tower, and that's where the adventure begins.

I have to say, this might be the most retro game I've yet reviewed. With a Zelda-like interface, you explore the tower and fight baddies. And here we find what I think is the best idea in the whole game.

You see, Catte doesn't have any weapons, so at first you don't “fight” so much as “run away”. Then, when you find the item that will open the next door, you can carry it and use it to attack. It's pretty clever, really.



Now, I do have a complaint about Meowgical Tower. It's not specifically against it, it's just something more and more games are doing. And it's kind of annoying. But play the game first and then read this week's Babble to find out. It's a pretty cool game that I'd hate to spoil with my criticism.

So check it out! See you this Tuesday!

- The Storeman


Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment