Aug 18, 2013

Spelunky, Explore the depths of the Ancient Earth



Review #4 - Free Video Game

Spelunky, Explore the depths of The Ancient Earth

Spelunky is a plataformer with randomly generated levels and a lot, and I really mean a lot of characters and objects for Indy to interact with. I would explain a few of them but I don’t want to spoil anything so I’ll just shut up.

Now, a fair warning, this game is NOT easy. It might take a while to get past the first area, and you will die a LOT. Some reviews compare it to Rogue-like levels of “deathness”. Not that it matters, though, as it’s impossible to get through each and every feature in just a few games. I mean, it took me like 50 replays to get the dark level once.

It’s really a nice alternative if you like plataformers but hate to play the same jumps again and again. The game is so well thought that I haven’t encountered a single dead end where there shouldn’t be one. The first levels can be resolved with minimum use of ropes and bombs, just remember to save a few for the latter levels where they’ll be vital.

So there you have it, a real exploration game with a new cavern each time and enough secrets to keep you playing for a long, long time. Enjoy Indy’s adventure!


- The Storeman

Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.


There is also a commercial version of Spelunky for Xbox, if you want to support the developer and get a sweet game out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment