Jan 5, 2014

Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari)



Review #23 – Free Video Game

Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari)

This little Shooter/Plataformer/RPG is a real gem. Cave Story is a complete and interesting game, with both challenging levels and a good story full of characters. And to top it all, the controls are simple, the graphics are nice and it’s chock full of secrets to unlock.

One great detail is how, even though you get a lot of different weapons through the game (and can unlock more), you never really “outgrow” them. Not because the game forces you to use each and every one of them, but because each one has its advantages and disadvantages, so, taking into account both the level layout and the enemy’s movement pattern, all the guns you get see some use.

As I may have said before, Cave Story caters both to casual and hardcore players. You may play the story once and that’s all, or you can go at it a few times to unlock all the secrets, make all the possible decisions and get all the endings. Go check it out!

- The Storeman


Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.

External Links:

Original Developer Page (Japanese): http://studiopixel.sakura.ne.jp/


Pre-Patched Game and other Languages: http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_game.php

No comments:

Post a Comment