Mar 8, 2015

Test Subject saga, Blue's Voyage

Review #79 – Free Video Game

Test Subject saga, Blue's Voyage

 This is the thing. Some games have stories. Maybe good stories. And some games are fun to play. Challenging. Now, doing both, that's pretty hard. Why? Well, because most games separate gameplay and story. So you play a level, and then a wall of text or cutscene tells you what happened.

The Test Subject saga beautifully accomplishes both. You take control of Blue, a blue slime create by a scientist. We are not really clear on why, but that's the point. Blue is part of an experiment bigger than it. And a giant scientist head looking down on us as we jump to impress him reminds us of that.

Blue's story doesn't really kick in until the second game, but from the first one onward we can feel the story's atmosphere. We have a tiny window to peer trough, but it's hard to tell what happens to us. I can't stress enough how well this game makes you feel like that small blue blob, so just play it and experience it for yourself.



You might have noticed how I haven't told you what kind of game this is yet. It's not really that important, but if you must know, I'd call it a puzzle platformer. You'll be using teleportation devices to move around the stage, trying to unlock the exit and then reach it.



So, half mental challenge, and half dexterity challenge. I want to talk more about the game's story, but I also don't want to spoil it. So check out my next Babble after you've played the game. Go! Go meet Blue! I'll be waiting here. See ya!


- The Storeman


Disclaimer: I didn’t upload any of the content in the following link. I have downloaded and checked it as I always do. I have even executed it in my own computer and did not experience any kind of problems. But I can’t ensure that it is free of virus and/or malware that my anti-virus programs couldn’t find. That’s the author’s responsibility.

Play Online:




No comments:

Post a Comment