Apr 8, 2014

Atta boy!



Babbling at the Counter #36 – Blogging

Atta boy!

Sometimes the goal is not an actual reward, just the work itself. I don't write this blog to earn money, or as a platform for my other projects. This Warehouse is my goal with the Warehouse.


Now, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy a little incentive every once in a while, does it?

At your right you will find a badge I got as contributor to the Tiny d10 RPG. And you know what? I love it!

Even though it was a simple gesture, it means a lot when someone tells you they like your work. Working with Aaron is fun, and I love to seeing where Tinyd10 is going. I know he knows it.


Don't think this is some kind of self promotion, please. I'm not calling myself a game designer now. All I wanted to say today was this: Tell people when you like their work.

Post a comment, give a “thumbs up”, or just click “+”. Seeing any of those things on one's page is rewarding enough. And it doesn't cost you anything (like the content itself).

- The Storeman

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! How did this post slip by me? Thanks for the shout out, as always, and in the spirit of your post, you may like to know:

    The supernatural investigations supplement and "The Candyman" get downloaded about 10 times a day. Readers seem to be quite interested, and your contributions are doing as well as anything else on the site, so congratulations!

    Also, I'm planning a play-test of "The Candyman" soon, and will let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! That's awesome!!

      And it's great to know the game is getting so much attention, specially taking into account it's still pretty new.


      I had a lot of fun working with Tiny d10, so please, keep up the good work!

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I was fortunate to have found, and submitted Tiny d10 to, an awesome website called Silly Hat Books. The site's owner keeps a compendium of free role-playing games, linking to each one. Most of the traffic I get on a daily basis (varying from 40-80 views, usually) comes from it.

    You could probably find a good amount of content to review from it! The direct link is: http://sillyhatbooks.com/about/games/

    Be sure to check out his free fiction, too! It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had seen it. It's a pretty big compendium, I found a lot of good stuff there.

      Thanks for bringing it up! I wholly checking it out.

      Delete